Thursday 18th and Friday 19th of November 2021
Presentations, Dinner and Field Day
The workshop took place on the 18th – 19th of November at the Gunabul Homestead and the Cooroy to Curra project in Gympie, QLD.
18/11/21 – Day 1 – Consisted of a day of networking and presentations at the Gunabul Homestead.
- Rick Haywood – TMR – Pacific Motorway (M1) Varsity Lakes to Tugun (VL2T): Environmental initiatives – CLICK HERE to view the presentation
- Eva Forde – MRCCC – Creek restoration and riparian rehabilitation in Mary valley – CLICK HERE to view the presentation
- Steve Milner – SCCC – Ecosystem Restoration Techniques – CLICK HERE to view the presentation
- Jeff Morrel – SCU – Extending the useful life of timber structures in wildlife corridors – CLICK HERE to view the presentation
- Adrian Fletcher – Carbonchip – What is BioChar and how can you make it work for you – CLICK HERE to view the presentation
- Michael Quirk – Bielby BMD JV – Cooroy to Curra overview
19/11/21 – Day 2 – BBJV recently welcomed SQLRG onsite at Bruce Highway Upgrade – Cooroy to Curra, Section D (C2CD). as part of their November field day. We viewed existing erosion and sediment controls, a new method of laying turf, and saw subsoil amelioration underway. For some members, this was their first time on a site of this size and a great opportunity to share knowledge in the area of rehabilitation. A huge thank you to BBJV for the tour! For more info about the project CLICK HERE