Thursday 3rd and Friday 4th of June 2021
Presentations, Dinner and Field Day
The workshop took place on the 3rd – 4th of June at Cedar Grove near Jimboomba, QLD.
03/06/21 – Day 1 – Consisted of a day of networking and presentations at the Calamvale Hotel Suites and Conference Centre specialising in bioremediation and ecology.
- Dennis Baker – E.S.S.A. – Soils – see presentation HERE
- Kylie Drapala – Logan City Council – WSUD – see presentation HERE
- David Solomon – Evocra – Water treatment Applications – see presentation HERE
- Leon Attwood – Spel – Biobasins and floating wetlands
- Adrian Crocetti – HLW – QG ESC Strategy and an update on the Statewide DES funded program
- Nathaniel Parker – Airbourne Insight – Remote Sensing Drone Applications – see presentation HERE
04/06/21 – Day 2 – We attended the Cedar Grove Environmental Centre for a tour of the State’s first wastewater treatment plant to benefit the environment, through membrane bioreactor technology and constructed wetlands, to achieve record low nutrient levels and offset remaining nutrients through catchment restoration.
Further information available here: https://www.wsp.com/en-AU/news/2020/queensland-first-wastewater-treatment-plant-wins-engineering-excellence-award